Shrimp Recipes: Hot and Spicy Shrimp in Tomato
After having my early morning coffee routine, I spent the rest of the morning reading recipe books and old food magazines. I plan to cut down on meat and processed food and replace it instead with veggies, tofu, seafood, and fruits – a healthy diet, yeah?
While browsing an old cookbook, I saw an easy to prepare hot and spicy recipe for shrimp. Since I bought shrimps from Facebook Marketplace, I decided to cook it with a spicy tomato sauce instead of the usual tamarind soup-based dish aka “Sinigang”.
Health Benefits of Eating Shrimp
What makes shrimp healthy food? Shrimps are an excellent source of selenium and unusually low-fat, low-calorie protein.
A four-ounce serving of shrimp supplies 23.7 grams of protein (that’s 47.4% of the daily value for protein) for a mere 112 calories and less than a gram of fat.
Shrimp also emerged as a very good source of vitamin D and vitamin B12. Source: http://www.whfoods.com/
How to cook your own Hot and Spicy Shrimp in Fresh Tomato?
- Serves 3-4
- Preparation time – 6 minutes
- Cooking time is 10 minutes
- 500 grams white shrimp, deveined
- 6 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon of green chili, sliced
- 2 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Lea & Perrins Hot Sauce
- 1 cup of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- In a pan, heat olive oil then saute the chili until slightly wilted
- Add the garlic and cook till fragrant (or medium brown)
- Add Paprika, crushed fresh tomatoes, and Lea & Perrins hot sauce
- Add the shrimps, Mix until combined.
- Simmer till shrimps turn pink and sauce is slightly thickened
- Season with salt and pepper
Serve with Rice (One cup only please) LOL!
Whether you’re feeding friends at a house party or simply preparing a tasty meal for yourself, this Shrimp with spicy fresh tomato sauce recipe is a perfect choice!
It’s healthy and best of all, it’s fast and easy to cook!