Walang Pasok: Work and Class cancellations for March 9, 2020 (Monday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several Private Schools and Colleges in Metro Manila announced class suspension as a precautionary measure against the possible spread of the novel coronavirus COVID-19. Here is a list of schools and areas where classes have been suspended for Monday, March 9, 2020.
Here is a list of schools and areas where classes have been suspended for Monday, March 9, 2020.
- Navotas City: all levels, public and private
- Cainta, Rizal – all levels, public and private (until Tuesday, March 10)
- Taytay, Rizal – all levels, public and private
As of this writing, the Philippines has six confirmed cases of the deadly disease.
Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019 / COVID-19
Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, the infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Walang Pasok Updates: Some Classes for March 9, 2020, have been canceled in some areas due to novel coronavirus.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.