#WalangPasok: Work and Class cancellations for September 16, 2019 (Monday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several Local Government Units’s and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Monday, September 16, 2019, due to the inclement weather caused by Southwest Monsoon or Hanging Habagat.
Walang Pasok Updates: Setyempre 16, Lunes
(As of 5:01 am, Sept 16, 2019) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work Today:
- City of Manila – preschool to senior high school, public and private
- Taguig City – all levels, public and private
- Bacoor, Cavite – all levels (public and private)
- Kawit, Cavite – all levels (public and private)
- Naic, Cavite – preschool to senior high school (public and private)
- Noveleta, Cavite – all levels (public and private)
- Tanza, Cavite – all levels (public and private)
- Rizal Province – all levels, public and private
- Bataan Province – preschool to senior high school (public and private)
- Bocaue, Bulacan – all levels, public and private
- Marilao, Bulacan – Abangan Sur Elementary School, Abangan Norte Elementary School, Marilao Central School
- Subic, Zambales – all levels, public and private
- Botolan, Zambales – preschool to senior high school (public and private)
- Iba, Zambales – preschool to senior high school (public and private)
Philippine Weather / Southwest Monsoon / Habagat Updates
Weather Update by PAGASA Issued at 11:00 PM, 15, Sept 2019
No Active Tropical Cyclone within the Philippine Area of Responsibility
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Metro Manila, Central Luzon, CALABARZON, MIMAROPA, Bicol Region, and Western Visayas||Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms||Southwest Monsoon||Possible flash floods or landslides due to occasional heavy rains|
|The rest of the country||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers||Localized thunderstorms||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms|
Philippine Weather Condition Forecast
Southwest Monsoon affecting Central and Southern Luzon and Visayas.
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Monday, September 16, 2019, have been canceled in some areas due to inclement weather.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.