#WalangPasok: Work and Class cancellations for August 29, 2019 (Thursday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several Local Government Units’s and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Thursday, August 29, 2019, due to the inclement weather caused by the Tropical Storm Jenny (International Name: Podul).
Walang Pasok Updates: Agosto 29, Huwebes
(As of 2:01 PM, August 28, 2019) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work Tomorrow:
Cordillera Administrative Region
Schools and Universities
Philippine Weather / Bagyong Jenny Updates
At 3:00 AM today, Tropical Storm “JENNY” was estimated based on all available data at 60 km Northwest of Dagupan City, Pangasinan (16.5°N, 120.0°E), with maximum sustained winds of 55 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 85 km/h. It is moving West Northwest at 35 km/h. Southwest Monsoon affecting the western section of Southern Luzon and the Visayas.
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative region, Central Luzon, Cagayan Valley||Rains with gusty winds||TS -Jenny-||Possible flash floods or landslides due to scattered moderate to at times heavy rains|
|Metro Manila, Western Visayas, CALABARZON, MIMAROPA, Zamboanga Peninsula, Bicol Region||Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms||Southwest Monsoon||Possible flash floods or landslides due to scattered moderate with occasional heavy rains|
|The rest of Visayas and of Mindanao||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers||Localized Thunderstorm||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms|
Weather Update by PAGASA Issued at 11:00 AM, 28, August 2019
Philippine Forecast Weather Conditions
Tropical Storm JENNY HAS RE-INTENSIFIED INTO A TROPICAL STORM WHILE MOVING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD OVER THE WEST PHILIPPINE SEA.
- All Tropical Cyclone Wind Signals have been lifted. However, occasional gusts may occur in the Visayas and in other areas of Luzon due to the Southwest Monsoon.
- Today, light to moderate with intermittent heavy rains will be experienced over Western Visayas, Zamboanga Peninsula, Mindoro Provinces, Romblon, and Palawan (including Calamian and Cuyo Islands) due to the Southwest Monsoon. Meanwhile, scattered rains may prevail over Bangsamoro, Ilocos Region, Zambales, and Bataan.
- Residents of these areas, especially those living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to floods and rain-induced landslides, are advised to take precautionary measures, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates, especially the Thunderstorm or Rainfall Advisories and Heavy Rainfall Warnings to be issued by PAGASA Regional Services Divisions.
- Sea travel remains risky over the seaboards of Luzon and the western seaboard of the Visayas due to potentially rough sea conditions.
- “JENNY” is expected to exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility today between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
Location of Eye/center
At 10:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Storm “JENNY” was estimated based on all available data at 305 km West Northwest of Dagupan City, Pangasinan or 290 km West of Sinait, Ilocos Sur (17.1 °N, 117.7 °E )
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Thursday, August 29, 2019, have been canceled in some areas due to inclement weather.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.